It was once difficult to create a timeline to implement ERP into business as businesses are not all the same. Every business has unique needs even when in the same industry and there is no one standard template that fits all.
In the past implementing ERP took from between 6 months to 2 years from project kick-off to going live. But not any longer.
ERP was once a difficult process to implement
It was once difficult to create a timeline to implement ERP into business as businesses are not all the same. Every business has unique needs even when in the same industry and there is no one standard template that fits all. But there is a method. In the past businesses had to:
- Develop the project. When you selected the ERP solution you also selected the team responsible for its implementation into your business. Also, the vendor-defined its level of involvement and a meeting took place.
- Gather data and convert it for use in ERP. Every business has a system whether you simply use Excel files. During this phase, you had to gather all critical data to convert it for use in ERP.
- Develop procedures. Teams from the business and the vendor had to discuss current policies and procedures to develop new ones for ERP implementation. These were used to build the new database and had to go through testing to find any weaknesses. During this phase ERP training also took place.
- Prepare to go live. Once you reached phase four everything would be in place. It was a time to run pilot projects with data samples to demonstrate users could run the system with little or no assistance.
- Go live. Going live was the time to load real data such as accounts receivable and payable, purchase orders, inventory and customer orders to start using the system.
Now there is Business Central
Now there is a clever system and software called Business Central by Microsoft. It is simple to implement and use an ERP system that can take only a day before you can start using its accounting features when you use the quick start tool.
It is an advanced system. And its functionality is familiar to Word 365 and Excel users and allows you to run all your business systems from one interface. Your bookkeeper or accountant can use BC as it brings visibility of all your systems into one place. “Data is centralised to enable real-time accurate view of financials, sales, purchases, services, inventory and operations.” It saves time and money as no longer will data need double handling and you can also connect the system straight into your bank account.
Business Central has different packages to suit the functionality and size of your business. And you can unlock different services as you need them.
Rightsize is your Partner
Rightsize is a Microsoft partner and can give you all the information you need to make the right decision for your business. Moving to an ERP such as Business Central is a wise decision. Simple to use. Simple to implement and Rightsize can even simplify the process further.
Want to find out more about ERP and Business Central for your business? Contact us now for a free consultation or call 1300 982 092 to find out how ERP can enhance your business operations.
Enabling your business to grow efficiently and effectively – we’re the Rightsize for you.
Small businesses struggle to budget their IT operations and often spend inefficiently with less than a great return on their investment. Rightsize Technology understand. We deliver a minimum 30% reduction on IT overheads as a dedicated outside IT department for our clients. Our unlimited 24×7 support, both on and offsite increases business productivity and capacity, enabling their business to grow efficiently and effectively – we’re the Rightsize for growing small businesses. Talk to our team today for more information.